State of Nevada


Commission on Postsecondary Education

8778 South Maryland Parkway Suite 115
Las Vegas, Nevada  89123
Phone: (702) 486-7330    Fax:  (702) 486-7340
Seal of Nevada




Student Complaints

If you are experiencing a problem with the school you are attending and cannot resolve it with the appropriate school officials, the Commission may be able to help.

Many complaints can be resolved with Commission intervention.  To best serve you, please complete this form and submit it to the Commission as indicated on the form.  Staff will process the complaint and work with you and the school to reach a resolution.

Click here for a Word version                              


School Closures

Students who were attending a school at the time of closure are instructed to complete the student refund claim form instead of a complain form.  Currently, the Commission is accepting claim forms for ITT Technical Institute, North Las Vegas, ITT Technical Institute Henderson and Gold Star Gaming.  Claims must be submitted within 1 year of the school closure to be considered for refund.  Student refunds are based on the amount of funding available with the student indemnification account and are not guaranteed.   Since the Commission is required to collect surety prior to refunds being issued, we encourage students to file claims as soon as possible.

Students must provide the claim form, enrollment agreement and proof of payment to be considered by the Commission.  

Student Refund Claim Form

Student with Federal Loans

Department of Education Updates concerning ITT Technical Institute Closure


ITT Transfer Agreements

Students who attended ITT and did not complete their course of education can apply at the following local campuses. Only Asher College has developed a full transfer agreement with the Commission.  Student who would like more information about a college can contact our office at 702-486-7330 for more information.

 Asher College - Transfer Agreement for General Education and many technical courses at the Associate level.  

DeVry University - Individual Student Evaluation. Bachelor level

University of Phoenix - Individual Student Evaluation. Bachelor level

Brightwood College - Waiving application fee and discounted tuition.  Associate level



Federal Funded Tuition (Financial Aid)

If you initiated a loan through the U.S. Department of Education’s Title IV program (Direct loan, Unsubsidized, Subsidized, Perkins, etc.), you may be eligible for loan discharge. 

Loan Servicer


Aspire Resources Inc.






FedLoan Servicing (PHEAA)


Granite State – GSMR


Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc.






OSLA Servicing


Sallie Mae


VSAC Federal Loans


The U.S. Department of Education has information online to help you determine if you are eligible for loan discharge:

You may also get more information by calling:  (800) 433-3243 or (877) 557-2575

In regards to these loans and their discharge, be advised that calls or inquiries to the Commission on Postsecondary Education (CPE) will not be returned since we have no additional information.  The loans and potential discharge is under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of Education, not the CPE.  








This page is Bobby Approved  Federal Rehabilitation Act (Section 508)
Last Updated: 09/27/16 04:20:19 PM